Thomas Cook Tours is offering a 10% discount on its Sri Lanka Exotic Isle Tour, departing London on 31 January.
(TRAVPR.COM) UNITED KINGDOM - November 5th, 2012 - Thomas Cook Tours is offering discounts of up to 10% on a 12-day fully escorted tour of exotic Sri Lanka, due to depart London on 31 January 2013.
The Exotic Isle Tour includes a journey across Sri Lanka, with visits to the island's important historical and archaeological sites, game reserves and beautiful tea plantations.
London to Colombo
Thomas Cook Tours will be providing tour members with complimentary transfer to Heathrow, from where they'll depart on a flight to Colombo. On arrival, guests will check in to the 4-star Cinnamon Grand Hotel.
Among the highlights of the Exotic Isle Tour are;
* a visit to the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, a fascinating blend of natural fortifications and human architectural ingenuity that encompasses ancient gardens, crumbling ancient palaces and intricate rock paintings
* a day spent exploring the Polonnaruwa Ruins, one of Sri Lanka's best preserved archaeological sites, with its 12th century fortifications and imposing statues of the Buddha
* a memorable opportunity to get up close to the population of orphaned Asian elephants at the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage
* the chance to explore the bustling city of Kandy, with a sightseeing tour and a cultural show
* a journey through the emerald-green highlands of Sri Lanka, home to the island's world-famous tea plantations
* a jeep safari in the Yala National Park, home to the world's densest population of wild leopard and to a range of other indigenous wild game
* two days to unwind on the unspoilt Indian Ocean beaches surrounding the town of Bentota, on the Sri Lankan West Coast
Places still available on the Exotic Isle Tour
The tropical island of Sri Lanka is the ideal refuge from the European winter. With substantial tour discounts on offer, places on the cultural holiday are likely to be snapped up quickly - as such booking early to avoid disappointment is recommended.
More information about the Exotic Isle Tour of Sri Lanka, including tour operator contact details, rates and a downloadable itinerary, are available directly from the Thomas Cook Tours web site.
Thomas Cook is one of the world's oldest tour operators, offering escorted tour services since 1841.